Feedback Strategies

Presence, Not Praise: How To Cultivate a Healthy Relationship with Achievement

I found this article very interesting as my own upbringing was a battle between praise and criticism. As a child, my parents would offer more criticism than praise and this was very frustrating. Wanting a sense of validation, I worked extra hard to receive a "good job" or "I'm proud of you" from my parents. I never realized that too much praise was as detrimental as excessive criticism.

Be a Mirror: Give Readers Feedback That Fosters a Growth Mindset

This article presented a very interesting concept of being a mirror. With most feedback I got form my parents, it was what was missing in the actions I was performing. Whether it be from playing tennis to studying for a test, I was always missing something. The idea to reflect what a student is doing right, as well as focus on how they did what they did seem to be aspects of the growth mindset that foster development rather than the lack thereof.


Growth Mindset by Jessica Ottewell

Comments

Popular Posts